This villa for rent :
- Sleeping 12 people in 6 double bedrooms
- Spectacular master bedroom with double arched windows overlooking swimming pool
- 5 bathrooms, 4 of which are ensuite
- 13m x 8.5m swimming pool (Pics )
- Large living room with leather sofas and enclosed fireplace (Pics )
- Fully equipped modern kitchen (Pics )
- Music system throughout ground floor and over swimming pool
- Underfloor heating
- Fully programmable alarm system
- 5 mins drive to the exclusive ‘Margara’ championship golf course
Flickr Tag Error: Bad call to display set '72157632054357162'
Error state follows:
- stat: fail
- code: 95
- message: SSL is required
Furnishings, appointments include:
- American Fridge Freezer with auto cold water / ice maker (Pic )
- Double electric oven
- 5 ring gas hob set in granite work surfaces
- Clean linen each week
- Bath and Pool towels supplied
- High speed wi/fi internet
- TV /DVD / ipod dock
The house is set in its own private five acre forest and garden and offers spectacular views over the Monferrato hills, valleys and hilltop villages. On a clear day the Alps are clearly visible from the house.
This villa is in a tranquil position in the hills of Monferrato, yet it is easily assessable to the beach, mountains, the three main cities in the northwest of Italy, Genoa, Turin and Milan and of course, Lakes Orta and Maggiore.
The original house has been standing for more than 250 years and has,until we bought and restored it, been in local hands. Originally both a dwelling and a large hayloft and barn where farm animals were kept, the house is now transformed to modern accommodation that has a commanding position at the top of a hill, 1 km away from the main road.
The restoration took over 2 years to complete and all the materials used have been sourced locally and the work carried out by local craftsmen, who took great pride in bringing the house back to life. For pictures of the restoration see HERE
About the area
Piemonte is a unique region in Italy, with its French influences over its renowned cuisine, its reputation for the very best in Italian wine and its spectacular scenery. The house is within easy driving distance of sea and mountains and has modern shopping facilities with the top Italian designer stores in Alessandria and Casale Monferrato within 20 mins. The beaches near Genova are within an hours drive as are the Italian lakes and the historic cities of Turin and Milan.
Morfa Downs, Chief Executive of the British Chamber of Commerce for Italy says :
‘The cuisine is wonderful, it’s an hour or so drive to Milan, Turin and Genoa and there is beautiful hilly countryside with vineyards and stunning views. That all makes it better than Tuscany in my view.’ (The Observer 5. 11. 2006 )
Local activities include golf at the 36 hole Championship golf course at Fubine, www.golfmargara.it
( 5 minutes away ) horseriding, cycle tours, tennis and walking through the beautiful rolling countryside.
We look forward to welcoming you to our villa in Monferrato, Piemonte. When you do come to Piemonte, you will come back again….and again.